Recreation Assistant (Range Operations) NF-02
Open & closing dates
04/16/2019 to 05/31/2019
Pay scale & grade
$10.90 to $11.90 per hour
Part-Time - 20 Hours
This job is open to
Clarification from the agency
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens & Non-Citizens living in the commuting area or willing to move to commuting area on your own expense and military Spouse moving into the area within 30 days.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens & Non-Citizens living in the commuting area or willing to move to commuting area on your own expense and military Spouse moving into the area within 30 days.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Sportsman's Range on Fort McCoy, WI
Announcement will have a first cutoff date of April 22, 2019 and applicants that submit a complete application packet prior to that date and found eligible will be given first consideration.
- Executes range facility opening, closing, and operating procedures in accordance with installation, local, and federal laws.
- Maintains communications and follows instructions of the installation range control agency to ensure safe operations. Coordinates medical support through the installation range control agency.
- Instructs patrons on range safety practices, and provides general firearm and marksmanship information. Responsible for all safety issues in the operation of the range.
- Ensures proper handling storage, accountability, inventory of ammunition, and vault security. Issues ammunition and range related accessories to customers, checks IDs and collect fees.
- Checks inventory and supplies, and requests restock. Performs cashier duties and maintains records of sales. Conducts facility and range maintenance.
- Circulates among patrons to assure service is satisfactory, and that customers adhere to safety procedures. Receives and resolves customer complaints.
- Directs patrons; schedules use of ranges; conducts briefings; and monitors patrons. Coordinates league, competition, and group functions. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Valid Driver's License is required to drive Government vehicles.
- Must be 18 years of age by appointment date. Must meet age restrictions for the handling of firearms. Position is covered by the 1996 Lautenberg amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968.
- Must be able to work irregular duty hours that may include early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) as required by Army Regulation 600-85. A negative drug test is required prior to appointment for a TDP. Incumbent will be subject to subsequent random drug test as required.
- Individual must be able to lift up to 45 pounds without assistance and heavier loads with assistance.
- Must be able to obtain current Installation Range Certification Card, National Rifle Association (NRA) Range Safety Officer Certification, or equivalent certification within 60 days of entrance on duty.
QualificationsQualifications must be clearly verifiable in your resume.
- Must have experience with firing range operations and firearm safety and possess work experience which involved dealing with the general public.
- Must have cashier skills.
Highly Preferred Criteria (applicants meeting the highly preferred criteria may be sent first to the selecting official)
- Work experience within DoD MWR.
- Experience with operating a range or participating in firearm tournaments or events.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than Noon CST on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: https://acpol2.army.mil/chra_dodea/NAF_applicant_info_kit.pdf
- Please include name and contact information for at least two (2) personal and two (2) professional references from your past or current employment in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
- 180-day Restriction for Military Retirees: Military retirees are unable to be appointed to NAF positions for 180 days after their retirement date, as documented on their DD-214. Military retirees who have been retired from the military for more than 150 days may apply; however, they will not be appointed until they have reached the 180 day mark.
- Announcement will have a first cutoff date of April 22, 2019 and applicants that submit a complete application packet prior to that date and found eligible will be given first consideration.
- These are seasonal positions, the non-duty/non-pay period is October 1 - March 31
- If you need assistance or have any questions with the application process please contact our office at (608)388-3773.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
All required supporting documentation must be submitted at the time of application to receive preference/priority consideration (PCS orders, DD214, SF50, or Transition Assistance Card).
Applicants meeting the qualifications for the Highly Preferred criteria will be referred FIRST to the selecting official.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA3434, Certificates, PCS & Marriage Certificate for Military Spouse, Transition Assistance Card, etc
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN). Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
NAF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
AddressDE-NAF-W0XYAA US ARMY GARRISON FORT MCCOY
DO NOT MAIL
Fort McCoy, WI 54656
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!