Operations Assistant NF-02
Open & closing dates
04/22/2019 to 06/28/2019
Pay scale & grade
$12 to $12.95 per hour
This job is open to
Clarification from the agency
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens & Non-Citizens living in or willing to move to commuting area on your own expense and military Spouse moving into the area within 30 days.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens & Non-Citizens living in or willing to move to commuting area on your own expense and military Spouse moving into the area within 30 days.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at McCoy's Community Center at Fort McCoy, WI
Announcement will have a first cutoff date of May 5, 2019 and applicants that submit a complete application packet prior to that date and found eligible will be given first consideration.
- Assists management with the operations of facility.
- Issues, receives and controls cash receipts and change funds. Verifies cash count of funds, determines cash shortages or overages. Submits daily reports.
- Assists in setting up parties.
- Completes fire safety checks and secures the facility.
- May monitor inventories, place and receive food and beverage orders.
- For additional position information see FASCLASS PD# AL652 at https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_naf_output.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRt2fkpzbzq9hm3CHUpmZlIuYkalV
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background check/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
- Valid driver's license is required to drive government vehicles.
- Must be 18 years of age by date of appointment.
- Seven day operation and shift will primarily be evenings and weekends. Shift will vary based on the needs of the activity.
QualificationsQualifications must be clearly verifiable in your resume.
-Progressively responsible duties in the receipt, disbursement, examination, deposit, custody or other processing of cash items
-Applicant must meet state/local age requirements for the serving of alcoholic beverage at the time of appointment
-Skill in providing customer service
-Ability to communicate effectively
Highly Preferred Criteria:
All answers to the Highly Preferred criteria must be demonstrated in your resume to get credit.
-Previous MWR work experience
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than Noon (CST) on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: https://acpol2.army.mil/chra_dodea/NAF_applicant_info_kit.pdf
- Please include name and contact information for at least two (2) personal and two (2) professional references from your past or current employment in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
- These are Flexible on call positions and employees may work up to 40 hours per week but is based on peak seasons and mission requirements. Flexible positions are not entitled to benefits at this time.
- 180-day Restriction for Military Retirees: Military retirees are unable to be appointed to NAF positions for 180 days after their retirement date, as documented on their DD-214. Military retirees who have been retired from the military for more than 150 days may apply; however, they will not be appointed until they have reached the 180 day mark.
- Announcement will have a first cutoff date of May 5, 2019 and applicants that submit a complete application packet prior to that date and found eligible will be given first consideration. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur.
- If you need assistance or have any questions with the application process please contact our office at (608)388-3773.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Applicants meeting the qualifications for the Highly Preferred criteria will be referred FIRST to the selecting official.
All required supporting documentation must be submitted at the time of application to receive preference/priority consideration (PCS orders, DD214, SF50, or Transition Assistance Card).
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- Certificates, PCS & Marriage Certificate for Military Spouse, Transition Assistance Card, ect
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN). Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
NAF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
AddressDE-NAF-W0XYAA US ARMY GARRISON FORT MCCOY
DO NOT MAIL
Fort McCoy, WI 54656
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!